Organized in 1946, Missoula Conservation District is a political subdivision of the state, governed by a board of five (5) county-elected and two (2) city-appointed Supervisors. Missoula Conservation District formed around the 1946 City limits of Missoula, and the boundaries of Missoula Conservation District are the boundaries of Missoula County minus the 1946 City limits of Missoula (see map below). District funding comes from local city and county taxes levied on real property within the boundaries of the District. Through a long-standing partnership with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Missoula Conservation District is located in the NRCS Missoula Field Office.
Map of 1946 Missoula City Limits